Mac Mini as a Media Center
As a brief introduction to what this site is all about, I wanted to detail exactly how my Intel Mac Mini acts as a media hub to demonstrate what YOUR Mini can do for you!
Plugged into my 32″ HDTV, I use the Mini to:
* Watch, pause, rewind, and record live HDTV programming for free via EyeTV and my HD Homerun.
* Play HD movies, DVDs, and TV shows from my 1TB media library via Plex.
* Stream HD/SD movie and TV shows from websites like Hulu.com via Safari.
* Stream audio from any computer on my home network via iTunes.
* Listen to live Sirius satellite radio via StarPlayr.
* Play physical DVDs & CDs via the Mini’s built-in optical drive.
* Play my favorite Nintendo games with NEStopia.
All controlled wirelessly via my iPhone and Remote Buddy
Imagine all of the bulky components you can avoid by consolidating down to just the Mini! Explore the site for extensive reviews of everything I used to create and maintain this system.