Sony Dash Review
I’ve always wanted a computer screens mounted behind my bathroom mirror, providing live information (usually with movement!) right in front of me as I brush my teeth. Long story short: I know how I’d do it if I actually wanted to cut into my bathroom wall. But short of that, I always assumed it wouldn’t be feasible.
Until I saw the Sony Dash. It had the specific qualities I was looking for (weather, large clock, ability to display streaming video and audio) bundled with a slick, stylish presentation. When I saw one pop up on Woot! a few months ago for $50, I snapped it up.
Once I got it, I mounted it on my bathroom wall and set it up on my home Wifi network. And now I can:
1. See all of my home security video feeds.
2. Get current weather conditions and forecast for both home and work.
3. Stream audio from Slacker Radio (it also works with Pandora, but we’re a Slacker household). This is great when my daughter is having a bath.
4. Stream audio from any of my home computers to the Dash.
5. GREAT clock that can be set to dim at certain times of the day, so I have it almost disappear throughout the night. It has alarms too, if you need them.
All for $50. Even at MSRP around $100, it still feels like a steal to me. Particularly if you find comparable products from home automation companies.